Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Princess Peach from Super Mario Galaxy

It is nice to see friendly sibling jealousy and rivalry. Remembering the good old times between my younger brother, younger sister, and myself, how we had the same rivalry. When I made Lorenz’s Pokemon Ball birthday cake, Alyssa wanted her birthday cake to be the same as her older brother. I was in Dallas, TX taking Lauren’s Cake Sculpting 301 class (yet, another cake muppetizing technique) during my niece’s birthday, Alyssa.


During Aly’s birthday, she was upset that Aunt Evelyn was there on her birthday dinner and forgot to make her a cake when Aunt Evelyn promised her one. So, the following day after I arrived from Dallas, TX, I made her Princess Peach cake first thing in the morning. Then, I delivered the cake to her in the afternoon. It was a joy to see another child smiling at my creation. She was embarrassed at first, but I see how happy she was to see her favorite Nintendo DS character to be her cake. It was so worth it to make another kid smile in spite of the long and late travel coming back from Texas.


No comments:

Post a Comment