Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Joy, "Save For This"


Like any other fashionistas, Joy love purses. She wanted to have her very own Chanel purse. Since the real purse is $$$, my cousin, Cathy from abroad, asked me to design a quilted Chanel purse cake for Joy with a message specifying "JOY, SAVE FOR THIS." This was a teaser. My cousin really knows how to pull a crank!

The cake was a chocolate cake filled with French chocolate buttercream, iced with vanilla buttercream, and covered with buttercream-flavored fondant.

2 comments:

  1. This beautiful! I"m actually trying to make the same cake except not with fondant my cousin, ironic huh?, is allergic to it and i'm terrible with fondant. Any suggestions on what I can use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allergic to fondant? Is it the knox gelatin or glycerine? I used the marshmallow recipe for my fondant that I found online and made some tweeking to the portion of the ingredients and added flavorings too.

    ReplyDelete