Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Muppetizing with Lauren - Cake Sculpting 101

I never knew who Lauren (from Lauren's Kitchen of Fancy Cakes by Lauren) was until I watched one of the Food Network's episodes. To those who don't know her, she is a Food Network Gold Medalist from the Sponge Bob Cake Challenge Episode and known for muppetizing the judges during the Sesame Street Cake Challenge Episode where she won the Silver medal.



I was so happy that my loving husband sent me to Sugarland, TX to take her classes. In the Cake Sculpting 101 class, I decided to muppetize my nephew Jian. In the Cake Sculpting 201 class, I decided to muppetize my husband David. I was so glad that I was able to take back nice presents for them.




These classes were my first ever after learning the basics from taking Wilton's Basic Cake Decorating Classes. Lauren is a good teacher. She made all her classes a fun class! I hope to be given another opportunity like this. The class tuition, airfare, food, and lodging could be expensive, but the knowledge is priceless! Thanks again Lauren for such a wonderful and fun class! I can't wait to take learn new muppet technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment