Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My Little Sister's Fifth Grade Graduation


My little sister Andrea, not so little anymore, was graduating from 5th Grade. I couldn't think of anything, besides a book and cupcakes kid's hair different ethnicity, for her graduation cake. At first, my sister didn't want any graduation party and she changed her mind 3 days later. Decorating cake and cupcakes was not easy to pull, especially I was cooking a noodle dish and a rice dish for her party.

Andrea loves chocolate cake. Her cake was chocolate cake filled with chocolate filling. the cupcakes were also chocolate filled with chocolate filling and adorned with royal icing, Fruit Loops, Cherios, Juicy Fruit gum, or candy sprinkles. Th cupcake idea came from one of the books: "What's New, Cupcake?" or "Hello, Cupcake!" by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson.

No comments:

Post a Comment