Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Number #1 Dad

The idea of making a horse from modeling chocolate as a cake topper was a challenge. I have never made anything that look so real. I usually make cake toppers that look cartoon. When I started sculpting the horse, my husband’s first impression was… “What is that? Is that a dinosaur?” …then we laughed together. Two hours after from continuous working, I called him from our home office. He was speechless at first as he stares at the horse, then repeatedly say “Oh, wow! Oh, wow!” He was impressed and amused at the outcome of the horse, a.k.a Dinosaur!



The three beautiful sisters, Jenny, Jean, and Janet, asked me to make a cake for their dad’s 70th birthday. Asian, like me or in general, doesn’t like sweet icing on their cake, such as the American Buttercream. We made changes from traditional butter cake to chiffon cake and American buttercream to seasonal French-style chestnut buttercream.


I am glad to hear that their father was very happy with his surprise birthday cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment