Tuesday, December 21, 2010

WOOSH! Clean Up!


Elaine was our beloved former administrative assistant. Before she left the department, our former Sr. Director asked me to design a surprise cake for Elaine. She knows that Elaine is obsessed in maintaining not only her house clean, but also maintaining a well organized and tidy department. She and our former Assoc. Director came up with a "Dyson" vacuum cleaner cake, which suits well with her character as "the mah (mom)."

The handle was made from Rice Crispie Treats. The wire was made chocolate Twizzlers, which is Elaine's favorite. The hemisphere and second tier cake was chocolate cake filled with chocolate buttercream. The bottom tier was vanilla cake filled with chocolate buttercream.

The event, plus this surprise cake made her cry! For me, this was a success, which by the way, was my second fondant cake.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting, definitely going to subscribe! See you on my reader. Woosh

    ReplyDelete
  2. You live a charmed life and I am glad to know you via the blog! I swear I could hear that fountain as I looked on! Personalised Stubby Holders

    ReplyDelete