Tuesday, December 21, 2010

ARR-TU-DEE-TU (R2D2)


Our friend asked to make a robot cake for her boyfriend's 18 year old nephew. At that time, I was up for any challenge. My husband always put me into test, so I took the challenge. First, I started making a prototype. The prototype was made off 2 x 8" round, 1 x 8" hemisphere, and 1 x 1" round cake dummies. Red and yellow LED lights were installed for the eyes. The sound system was made from a speaker module that I purchase from Radio Shack. You can actually see the R2D2 miniature toy on the cake board.


I actually made the R2D2 cake, but didn't have pictures. My old camera was broken. The R2D2 cake was made with chocolate cake filled with vanilla buttercream. The droid's head was airbrushed with silver food coloring. Some parts of the cake were painted with edible silver paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment