Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Emma's Gift Box, Baby Shoes, Pacifier, and Game Cube

The first thing I noticed. When I took this picture, I forgot to remove the napkins that were supporting each bow.



I know we struggled making this cake. We have thrown 8 cakes (4 x 6" and 4 x 10") before he realized the mistake. When my husband baked the cakes, he accidentally grabbed the container containing the bread flour instead of the container with the cake flour. To cut the story short, I found out he was using the wrong flour. You would laugh to see his face! His face was so red in frustration! It's a lesson learned... read!



This was our gift for Jenny, my husband's cousin's wife, for her surprise baby shower. Her sisters coordinated the surprise baby shower in New York. Jenny loves butter cake than chocolate, so we made her a butter cake filled with French Hazelnut buttercream for the top tier and butter cake filled with French Chocolate buttercream for the bottom tier. The All Star baby shoes and pacifier were made from gumpaste-fondant mixture. The cube was made from Rice Crispie treats and adorned with fondant decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment