Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Technical Service's Thanksgiving Luncheon

Our department was having a potluck Thanksgiving luncheon. Everyone provided their share of food from their culture/ethnicity. Meanwhile, my department had known me for making custom cake. I decided to make a cake that is appropriate for the occasion. I made a “roasted turkey” cake. What made it flattering was, one colleague thought that I placed the roasted turkey on the wrong side of the table. He told me that the roasted turkey does not belong to the dessert table that it should belong to the main course table along with the hot stuff dishes.


Some people in my department have heard about my cake creations, but too few have actually seen the work. I am happy for all the compliments that they have given me. Their next question was, “When will we see you in TV?” My response to them, “ah, no, not really, you won’t see me in TV as this cake decorating stuff is just my hobby”

No comments:

Post a Comment