Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Snowboarding Princess

My not-so-baby little sister, Andrea, was having her slumber sleep-over 12th birthday party with her girl friends. As usual, she asked me to surprise her with a birthday cake. But the problem here is she told me this on Wednesday and she needed the cake on Saturday. This was not easy. I have to construct a sturdy structure. The parts for the cake structure are not always readily available in Home Depot. I went out of my way to get the parts for her cake, so that she will be pleased.


I know what Andrea loves. She loves to ride. So, I decided to make her a cake muppetizing her as the cake topper holding her snowboard. The accent labels were the ski resorts/mountains she had snowboarded.

Since this was a rushed cake, I didn’t had the opportunity to take my time to muppetize Andrea. The modeling chocolate was not as smooth as I wanted it to be. I needed more time. What matters most is my little sister was happy and she received the attention from her girl friends.

Happy Birthday, Andrea! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment