Tuesday, January 25, 2011

METS fan Birthday Cake made by a NY YANKEE fan!

It's been a while since we were in touch with Jean. One day, we received an e-mail from her requesting to make a cake for her friend, Serena, who is celebrating her 30th birthday. Serena is big Mets fan, while I am a NY Yankee fan. Does anyone see the challenge or difficulty here? A Yankee fan making a Mets cake...just kidding! Well, Jean wanted to include the Met's mascot, Mr. Mets, as the cake topper. To make the cake interesting and to spice up the party with friendly NY team rivalry, I decided to add a Yankee beer bottle and a Yankee flag that Mr. Mets will be carrying. Boy! can't wait to see Serena's reaction!

This was a very interesting cake for me to make since I don't know much about Mets team. So, I decided to incorporate the arch windows of the citiFIELD stadium, but since the cake was not high / tall enough, I decided to make just one floor of the stadium. I notice one thing that I forgot to attach... the citiFIELD logo.



I wish I have that picture of Serena's face when she saw Mr. Mets with the Yankee stuff on it. It would have been PRICELESS!!! Thank you, Jean for the picture below. Serena had two cakes for her birthday...lucky lady!


Happy Birthday, Serena!

No comments:

Post a Comment