Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Finding Nemo

Late posting for September.

On Sept. 22, I was 37 weeks and 2 days pregnant when making and decorating this gorgeous "Finding Nemo" birthday cake. It was difficult with big belly bump bulding from my stomach and rolling fondant. However, I was so happy and pleased with the outcome of the cake.

The following day (Sept. 23, 8:00AM) I was in labor when I was about to deliver the cake. Who would expect that I would give birth to a healthy and beautiful baby boy on that same day, Sept. 23 at 6:05PM?

I am still thankful that my aunts and uncle up to this point for delivering the cake while I was laying on the hospital bed giving birth to my son.




This cake was a chocolate cake with mocha Italian buttercream. The decorations were made from fondant. The characters were made from rice crispie treats and adorned with fondant. The cake was airbrushed with blue food coloring.
Happy Birthday, Angelina!!! To my friend, Mike and his wife Cindy, I hope you like the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment