Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christening Dress Cake for Ethan

Late posting for November.

After a successful Onesie Baby Shower cake and cupcakes, Aunt Eden requested me to make another cake for her daughter's son's Christening.  This time it was a Christening Gown cake and cupcakes.  It was a coincident that her grandson's Christening is the day after my baby son's Christening.  I was grateful that my sister, Sheena, who is also a cake decorator in CA, helped me with organizing my son's Christening and with Ethan's cupcake decorating.  We delivered the cake to the venue at Fiesta Catering in the northern New Jersey.



Here's how it was packaged.



The cake was a chocolate cake with chocolate-caramel mousse filling and covered with vanilla buttercream and adorned with fondant.  The Christening dress was airbrushed with pearl food coloring to give a smooth-satin look.

The baby shoes was made in gum paste and fondant.


No comments:

Post a Comment