Friday, February 4, 2011

Zachery Jacob Baptism/Christening

To be blessed with a healthy baby is a wonderful gift from The Almighty. My cousin Ann and her husband Richard were blessed to have such a healthy and beautiful baby boy named Zachery Jacob. Zac was baptized at the St. Michael’s Chapel in Central Square (Syracuse), NY on Feb. 7, 2011. My nephew is now Catholic! God bless him!



My gift for Zac’s Baptismal is of course a custom cake. We made him a moist and dense chocolate cake filled with not-so-sweet cream cheese butter cream. The cake was adorned with marshmallow-butter-flavored fondant topped with Converse / All Star baby shoe cake topper. This cake didn’t fail to awe my cousin’s guests. I felt bad that this cake could have been perfect, but damages could not be avoided especially travelling from NJ to Syracuse, NY. It was supposed to be a four-hour trip, but ended up to be a seven-hour trip… I think longer. Oh oh! This cake in a box and was on my lap for almost the entire voyage.




This cake had some story of its won. The cake and a spare baby shoe cake topper were very well protected during its transportation. My aunt Christine was very cautious not get the shoe topper damaged. Five minutes away from the destination, we went for a quick stop. I placed the shoe cake topper on my seat and quickly hopped out from the truck to stretch my legs. After coming out the convenient store, my aunt Jean and I rushed to the truck avoiding being covered in fluffy and thick snow. We accidentally switched places and I totally forgot about the shoe cake topper that I placed on my previous seat. As my aunt Jean sat, she noticed that there was something on her seat. Instead of looking at what she sat, she grinds her butt hard to the seat to level out what ever was on her seat. As she pulls the “STUFF” out from her seat, she blushed! “Oh oh, Lyn, check this out,” is what she said. All I saw was a flattened and severely damaged baby show topper that was beyond any repair. Everyone in the truck were silent for a moment then followed with loud laughs and giggles. We looked at each other's eye... OMG! all the precautions and hard effort we did to prevent this situation from happening, actually happened when we were so close to the final destination! The spare shoe cake topper did not made to the dessert table.... ahhhh.



Overall it was a nice trip to be away for a weekend, but it was a long and slightly treacherous trip to Syracuse. It was snowing heavily in Syracuse.

What matters the most was we arrived safely to celebrate this special occasion for my baby nephew, Zac, as he enters the world of Christianity!

No comments:

Post a Comment