Tuesday, February 15, 2011

JDRF Bake Sale - "Pie" Cupcakes

I am an aspiring baker and cake decorator. I love to share my creations especially for a good cause! My company hosted a JDRF Bake Sale on Feb. 15 where my company will match 100% of the profits from the bake sale. The proceeds will be donated to the foundation. Once more, I helped the JDRF organization at my job site to raise money. I donated my time to bake "pie" cupcakes and chocolate chip cookies.

During the fund raising, each colleague is entitled to vote the "Best Dessert". MY CUPCAKE WON!!!! second place! ... I wish I had more cupcakes to make the voting last a little longer. I dropped off the cake at 7:30 AM and by 8:45 AM all of my cupcakes were sold out. Thus, I didn't get enough votes because cupcakes were all gone for the other to vote ...next time! oh! The contest is not over yet.... I SHALL WIN THAT iPAD!!!! I shall make more and much creative cupcakes for the next Bake Sale to take that iPAD home!!!

The baked goods that I donated were chocolate chip cookies (no pictures) and red velvet cupcakes filled with cream cheese buttercream. Each cupcake was decorated with M&M chocolates and vanilla buttercream to accent it as the pie curst.

Five minutes after I delivered the cupcakes to the JDRF Bake Sale Site, which I was still there standing in the room, one of the two trays was completely sold. The "PIE" cupcakes was selling! It was sold for $1.50 each. It was a hit!




I received e-mails and compliments from people who had the chance to purchase these cute oh-so-delicious "pie" cupcake creations of mine before it ran out. I was so flattered that one of the e-mails I received was inquiring about my class .."if I give baking classes." For me, this is one of the best compliments ever!

I hope to participate more to future bake sales, such as the JDRF Bake Sale! The next tentative JDRF bake sale in my company is in October 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment