Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sesame Street Wagon Cake


Ethan was not even born yet when I made his first cake.  It was the baby onesies shirt cake, then followed by a Christening dress cake when he was 6 months old.  Now, my little customer is 1 year old... this was his cake.

This was one tough cookie to build and decorate.  Overall, I love this design.  I build the wagon stand from scratch, cutting PVC pipes to pieces and assembled them together.  After assembled, I covered them with black modeling chocolate.  The wheels were made of rice krispie treats.


The cake was a vanilla sponge cake with mocha filling.  The cake was adorned with Satin Ice fondant tinted with AmeriColor Red-Red food coloring.  Elmo, Big Bird, and Cookie Monster were made of rice krispie treats and covered with modeling chocolate.


According to Tita Eden, the cake was a big hit!  The attraction of the party!  One happy customer, the third time was a charm!

No comments:

Post a Comment