Friday, March 2, 2012

Basket Cake with Tiger Lilies

Wilton Method Classes are fun to take especially with great group of energetic people.  Sad that my Method class with group of great individuals has to end after four sessions.  At least, I had the chance to get to know funny people who have the same hobby and interest in cake decorating as me. 


Our instructor, Maresa, was a great instructor.  She goes by the book and at the same time provides great tips and suggestions how to make our flowers much easier.  She created an atmosphere where teacher and students learn from each other.


This is my cake for the Witon Methods Course 4 - Advanced Gum Paste Flowers.  This basket cake was covered with fondant, airbrushed with warm brown food coloring.  The basket handles and flip-top cover, as shown above, were made from gum paste.  Although the orange tiger lily was not part of the class, I made them myself ahead of time to add color to my basket.


No comments:

Post a Comment