Wednesday, December 24, 2014

HO HO HO!!! Holiday Cake

Happy Holidays!

What is better than Filipino delicacy, a scrumptious ube cake, for Holiday dessert? 

Yesterday, 12/23/14, was not a good time to buy groceries for fresh ingredients.  Grocery stores are packed and lines were long.  I wanted to get the freshest ingredients as possible for ube cake.  I actually baked two ube cakes - one for my mom's dinner get-together tonight, 12/24/14 and one for my in-laws that we will take with us tomorrow for Christmas dinner.


I did not expect that my in-laws (mom, dad, and sister) would love a Filipino delicacy.  The actual loved my ube cake.  During their visit, I baked an ube cake that they can take with them back in Maryland.  This time it is decorated with the Christmas adornment rather than just covered with buttercream.


I am pleased with myself.  I am getting better with handling buttercream.  Getting a smooth surface has been a challenge.  Without photo-enhancement, the surface really came out clean and smooth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment