Saturday, October 27, 2012

Dodge Challenger SRT, The HEMI

Sculpted cakes are difficult to make, but this project was a lot of fun.  I enjoyed sculpting cakes.  It's always a challenge to sculpt a very moist and dense cake.  Each time my knife cuts through the cake, cake sticks to the knife....ugh... such a mess!  I had to rinse my knife to rid off the cake.  My cake knife (14" long) helped a lot with carving a stack of cakes as big as 16" x 24" and as high as 5" tall. 

This cake was made for Marc's birthday.  The Hemi driver, Angelina the Ballerina, is Marc's son's (Paul) favorite musical character.  Paul enjoyed the show.  I would love to see little Paul's reaction when he saw the cake.

The Dodge emblem and logo were hand carved on fondant.


This cake was a Devil's food cake with chocolate buttercream and adorned with vanilla fondant.  Angelina the ballerina and the wheels were made of rice crispie treats. 



No comments:

Post a Comment