Monday, May 16, 2011

Baby Shower Cake from Khat and Family

Coming out from a routine 8-hour day shift and being pregnant at the same time, was exhausting and energy draining. To top that, I had to decorate a special baby shower cake for a friend. Oh boy! I had to admit that it was a challenging day for me. I learned a valuable lesson that day. My body is not as it used before – not pregnant. I cannot juggle multiple activities at the same time and stayed up late for long hours, like I used to. I was so tired.

Although, it was a tough and long night for me… I was able to deliver, yet another beautiful cake. I am happy and pleased with the outcome of the cake considering I had faced few challenges – crooked cake at first and dropping the cake later due to fatigue, and baked new batches of 6” cakes, make new batches of fondant, and start to re-decorate again.



This cake was a vanilla-butter cake. The cake was filled with rich and sinful American chocolate buttercream with crushed almonds. The cake was decorated with marshmallow-butter flavored fondant and adorned with edible pearls. The baby teether keys and hair clips were made of fondant. The "Mary Jane" shoes was made of fondant. Basically, everything were edible. Kids would love them!



No comments:

Post a Comment