Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Baby Shower Cake from Dee!

Dee’s daughter is having a baby, but the baby’s sex is unknown. So, she decided to have a pastel green for the cake’s theme and the cake design is one of my previous cake designs. I didn’t expect that I will be making a baby shower cake with previous design, but different colors. Overall, I am happy to do it over again. This time it came out great! I am so happy that the family like my creation.

The cake is a butter cake filled with chocolate icing and covered with marshmallow-butter fondant. The pacifiers, shoes and cube are edible. The cube is made with rice crispie treats.



I would like to thank my colleague and a friend, Jana, for spreading the word to her friends about my cake baking and decorating hobby. I got an order from her. Thanks, Jana!

This message was sent to me by Dee on Sat., Mar.12, 2011 at 10:12 PM, "I just wanted to thank you again for such a beautiful cake...it was so much more that I imagined...it was the hit of the party...even the owner wanted to know where we got it...so appreciated all the work you put into it...thank you again... :)Dee"

This message was sent to me by Marisa on Tue., Mar. 15, 2011 at 9:42 AM, "Evelyn, I just wanted to thank you for the cake you made for my sister-in-laws shower, it was beautiful. You really did a great job; I can't even get a ribbon to look that nice never mind have one make out of icing! Everyone at the shower was so impressed and I think they will all want one for themselves. Hopefully you will get some more business out of it. Thank you again, Marisa"

No comments:

Post a Comment